GEN-DM is ideal for whom?
• Any one in good health
• The diabetics
• Those who are keen on controlling blood sugar level
• Those who are high blood glucose level
• Those who require tube feeding
How does GEN-DM help control the diabetes?
• Fructose is used as a component. This sugar uses a tiny amount of insulin to transport sugar into cells and accelerate the conversion of glucose to glycogen stored in the liver, allowing blood sugar levels to stay stable.
• Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) are a type of soluble dietary fiber that helps slow the absorption of blood sugar after meals so that blood sugar levels rise gradually. As a result, the blood sugar level does not rise too quickly and stay in the bloodstream for a longer period of time, making you feel full longer.
For the diabetics with hyperlipidemia and weight control. How can they drink GEN-DM drink?
• For the most effective cases, it is recommended to drink 1 glass of GEN-DM as a meal replacement. It helps control blood sugar levels, reduce fat levels, and body weight control.
• If GEN-DM can't be taken as a meal replacement, it is recommended to drink one glass of GEN-DM 15-20 minutes before a typical meal and then reduce the amount of rice, flour, and fruit in half.
How to prepare GEN-DM?
1. For tube feeding, mix GEN-DM 222 g and adjust the volume to 1,000 ml
• This portion gives 1000 kcal
• With the concentration 1kcal/ml
2. For oral intake, mix 5 spoons of GEN-DM (40 g) with water to 180-200 ml. This portion provides 180 kcal/glass.
3. Mix the powder with cold or warm water.
How many sizes is GEN-DM available in? What is the shelf life of this product?
GEN-DM is formulated as powder and offered in 3 distinct packages
• 400 g packaged in can
• 40 g in sachet, portable size ( 6 sachets per box)
• 2.5 kg in bag
The product has a two-year shelf life.
I have kidney disease and received dialysis. Can I take GEN-DM?
GEN-DM can be taken. Patients having received dialysis lose nutrients during the process and GEN-DM provides sodium, phosphorus, and potassium.
Can a pregnant woman and breastfeeding mother take GEN-DM?
Definitely yes. GEN-DM provides all required nutrients and help control blood sugar level and cholesterol level as there may be a risk of gestational diabetes in pregnant women in the second trimester. However, they should also take any other pregnancy supplements.
What nutrients are available in GEN-DM?
1. Carbohydrates include
• Dextrin/ Fructose (instead of sucrose)/ PolydextroseI FOS in the following proportions: 70%: 15%: 8%: 7% of total carbohydrate
• Polydextrose is a soluble dietary fiber that helps to decrease glucose absorption and keep blood sugar levels not too high.
• FOS helps in the control of choresterol levels, whether LDL or Triglyceride.
2. Protein is made of Caesin and protein produced from soy bean, mixed in a 50:50 ratio.
3. Fat is made up of 100 percent soy bean oil, which contains linoleic acid (15%) and alpha-linolenic acid, which is an essential fatty acid.
4. Carnitine is an important component of metabolism, brach chain amino acids, and glucose, and it draws Long Chain Triglycerides to convert to energy.
5. Chromium is a trace element that aids in blood sugar regulation.
I have diarrhea after receiving GEN-DM. What should I do?
For oral intake, it is recommended to reduce the amount of the product consumed by mixing 4 spoons of product 250 cc. You can gradually add one more spoon at a time when the conditions improve.
For tube feeding, you can reduce the concentration of the product to 0.5kcal/ml and slow the flow rate down.
Limitation to the use of GEN-DM?
1. Those allergic to the components of GEN-DM including cow's milk, soy bean or any other ingredient listed
2. Those suffering from a gastrointestinal blockage
3. Those who have a serious illness in absorbing nutrition